Chock full of chicken, veggies, and noodles, and lightly coated with peanut sauce, this noodle bowl is bursting with flavor!
On Wednesday when I shared my recipe for Easy Thai Style Peanut Sauce, I promised to return with a recipe for a yummy stir fry that included Peanut Sauce as one of the ingredients. So today, I’ve got a delicious recipe for a Chicken & Veggie Noodle Bowl with… drum roll please….. Peanut Sauce! It’s a simple, unassuming recipe that comes together pretty quickly, but packs a bunch of flavor into each and every bite!
It took me much longer to name this recipe than it did for me to make it from start to finish! I don’t like recipe titles to be too wordy, but it was impossible to name this recipe in a few words. It’s got chicken, a good dose of veggies, some noodles and peanut sauce. Each ingredient is important in this recipe, so I felt like I had to include it in the title… hence the name of Chicken & Veggie Noodle Bowl with Peanut Sauce! It’s a mouthful, but a delicious mouthful!
So let’s get to work on this noodle bowl, shall we? You will start with a bag of broccoli slaw. They sell this at most grocery stores in the same section where you’d find pre packed salads and cole slaw mixes. Broccoli slaw simply consists of shredded broccoli, carrots, and red cabbage and worked perfectly in this recipe! The bag I bought was from Green Giant, and it contained 12 ounces of mix. You’ll also need 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro, along with 2-3 green onions, sliced, and 2 cloves are garlic, minced. I also squeezed in a little lime juice, but that is totally optional!
Along with the veggies you’ll need pre-cooked chow mien noodles, about 12 ounces worth. I like to buy these at Costco because they sell them pre-cooked and ready to go. The brand that Costco sells is O’hana House Organic, and they are great for quick recipes like this! I found them in the refrigerated section. You will also need about 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced thin.
And of course, what would this recipe be without the peanut sauce? Feel free to use pre-made peanut sauce if you must, but homemade peanut sauce is so easy to make and tastes DELICIOUS!
You will start out by heating a tablespoon or so of oil in a large non-stick skillet, you could also use a wok. Then you’ll sauté the chicken until it is cooked through, and remove it from the pan for a bit. Add a little more oil if necessary, and then add the broccoli slaw mix, green onions, and garlic, and stir fry them for a few minutes until they’re cooked just right! Next you will toss the chicken back in, along with the cooked chow mien noodles and 1 cup to 1 and 1/2 cups peanut sauce, and cilantro. Let it cook for a few minutes. Once combined, you’ll remove it from the heat and serve immediately! I squeezed a little lime juice in because I liked the tang it added, but it’s totally optional!
That’s all there is to making this delicious Chicken & Veggie Noodle Bowl with Peanut Sauce. Next time it’s stir fry night in your house, give this recipe a try! Especially if you like peanut sauce. I am a HUGE fan of peanut sauce and loved every single gosh darn bite of this meal. Enjoy! :)
- 12 ounces chow mein noodles, cooked
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, very thinly sliced (use a sharp knife)
- 1 cup to 1 and 1/2 cups peanut sauce (I recommend this Easy Thai Style Peanut Sauce)
- 1 – 12 ounce bag broccoli slaw
- 2-3 green onions, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- lime wedges for garnish, optional
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add chicken and sauté until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of oil if necessary. When hot, add int broccoli slaw mix, green onions, and garlic, and stir fry for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add chicken back to the pan and stir in cooked chow mien noodles, cilantro, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in 1 cup to 1 and 1/2 cups peanut sauce and allow it to cook for a few minutes, or until everything is heated through.
- Garnish with lime if desired.