A chocolate lover’s dream, these Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins are sure to please the chocolate lover in your household!
Before I start going on and on about my love for all things chocolate, including these muffins, I just want to give a shout out to all of you who have “Liked” CenterCutCook on Facebook. We just hit our first 100 likes! Woo hoo! If you haven’t yet liked us on facebook, just go to www.facebook.com/centercutcook or click the Facebook icon in the right sidebar.
Talk about a chocolate lover’s dream, these Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins are sure to please the chocolate lover in your household. Chocolate muffins are taken up a notch with the addition of chocolate chips mixed into the batter. Then, more chocolate chips are sprinkled on top right before they go into the oven. The result is the perfect combination of chocolate, and well…. more chocolate!
What I love about these little muffins is that they aren’t too sweet. Don’t get me wrong, they still have some sweetness to them, however, they are not cake or cupcake like sweet. And when they come out of the oven, they are super moist, and just perfect for a special breakfast. These chocolate chocolate chip muffins are best served fresh out of the oven, as we did notice they tend to lose some of the moistness when they are eaten as leftovers a day or two later.
Serve some fresh fruit alongside them (this might help relieve any guilt you have over serving chocolate for breakfast :) ) and you’ve got yourself a special weekend treat! Enjoy!
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips + more for garnish
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease your muffin tin or use paper liners.
- In a large bowl, sift together all dry ingredients – flour, sugar, brown sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt.
- Then add in chocolate chips and stir.
- In a small bowl combine eggs, oil, milk, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix until everything is incorporated.
- Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 of the way full. Continue to stir the batter as you fill the muffin cups so that the chocolate chips don’t settle at the bottom.
- Sprinkle a few additional chocolate chips on the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
- This recipe yields 12 muffins.