Garlic Bread meets the Meatball Sub and the result is out of this world! Garlic Bread Meatball Subs are perfect for your next party, or even a weeknight diner.
You’ve heard of three truths and a lie, right? The game where I tell you four different statements and three are true but one is a lie? Let’s play it real quick! I’m about to tell you four different things about jobs I’ve had in the past and you need to identify which one is a lie.
- Subway was my first job when I turned 16, but I only worked there for a few days because it just wasn’t for me.
- After the gig at Subway, I became an ice cream scooper and my favorite thing to make was a banana split!
- During college, I was a waitress at Red Lobster and ate way too many Cheddar Bay Biscuits for my own good.
- My favorite part of my first teaching job was teaching 5th grade math!
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups bread crumbs (Italian seasoned)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 of a small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1- 28 ounce jar marinara
- 1- 28ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flake
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 – 4 inch french bread rolls, sliced open
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- In your slow cooker, combine marinara, crushed tomatoes, basil, oregano, red pepper flake, and garlic powder.
- In a large bowl, use your hands to mix together ground chuck, egg, bread crumbs, fresh parsley, garlic, and yellow onion. Combine well.
- Divide the meat mixture into 30-36 meatballs. I used a heaping tablespoon of meat mixture for each meatball.
- Place the meatballs in the sauce mixture and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or on high for about 4 hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- In the microwave, melt two sticks of butter (about 1 minute will do) in a bowl. To the melted butter, add 2 teaspoons garlic powder and dried parsley.
- Brush melted butter liberally over all 10-12 rolls. Bake the rolls in the oven for about 6-7 minutes, then remove from the oven and turn the broiler on.
- Place about three meatballs on each sub, and spoon some of the sauce over the meatballs. Top with mozzarella cheese, and parsley, if you’d like, for garnish. Broil for 3-4 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted. Cool for a minute or two and serve immediately.Keep an eye on the subs so that the bread doesn’t burn!