A new option for taco night! This simple variation only requires a few extra minutes of your time while adding a little excitement to typical tacos!
Typical tacos get taken up a notch with this simple recipe for Oven Tacos! I don’t know what taco night is like in your house, but a typical taco night in this house usually happens on a night when I’m in a rush to get dinner made, or I haven’t planned out what we’re going to have since tacos can usually be made with the staples I always keep on hand. In other words, we have tacos quite often! ;)
It’s great though because there’s a lot to love about tacos, especially the homemade kind. Who needs Taco Bell when you can so easily whip them up at home, and they are far tastier? The method for these oven tacos is simple. You start by browning ground beef as you typically would, and draining off any excess fat. Then, a can of Ro*Tel (simply diced tomatoes and green chiles), taco seasoning, and a little hot sauce gets stirred in. All that simmers for a few minutes before it gets divided evenly among hard taco shells. Each taco gets topped with cheese, then the pan goes in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. The result is fantastic!
If you’re looking for a way to add a little excitement to taco night in your house, look no further! I typically serve tacos with my recipe for Taco Rice which is the perfect side dish. Enjoy!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 12 hard shell tacos
- 1 can Ro*Tel (diced tomatoes and green chiles)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Lettuce, sour cream, guacamole, etc. for garnish
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet, then drain any excess fat.
- Return the cooked ground beef to the pan, and stir in taco seasoning packet, 2/3 cup water, 1 can Ro*Tel, and 1 teaspoon hot sauce. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Arrange 12 hard shell tacos in a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish. Divide the meat mixture evenly among the taco shells.
- Top each taco with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Top with your favorite garnishes and serve.
- Yields 12 tacos.