Pizza Dip brings together everything you love about pizza – ooey gooey cheese, delicious sauce, and fabulous toppings!
It’s Super Bowl week and in many households it means two things…. food… and football. I can’t tell you a whole lot about football (aside from the fact that I’m a happy woman to see that the Packers AREN’T in the game this year), but I can give you a few hints about foods you’ll want to bring to the party! This week I’ll be sharing a few of my favorite recipes that pair together perfectly with a Super Bowl game.
Let’s start with this cheesy warm pizza dip! Oh is it delicious. All of your favorite flavors of pizza come together to make this dip a sure crowd pleaser. I have yet to meet a person who turns down pizza and who doesn’t love a good dip? Creamy cream cheese and a bit of sour cream get combined with freshly shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheeses, and a hint of Italian seasonings for the first layer of the dip. The pizza sauce of your choice comes next for the second layer, then comes more cheese. Finally, this masterpiece is topped with all of your favorite pizza toppings and baked until warm and bubbly.
Whether or not you plan on watching the game, it is definitely worth your while to try this Pizza Dip, especially if you toast up some fresh baguette to go along with it.
PS: I’m now on Facebook! Click the Facebook button in the right sidebar or go to www.facebook.com/centercutcook to keep up with the latest from CenterCutCook!
- 1 8oz package cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese – divided
- 2 cups freshly grated mozarella cheese – divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- Pizza toppings like pepperoni, mushrooms, green peppers, etc.
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning for garnish
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In your mixer bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, 1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese, and 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Add in oregano, parsley, and basil. Mix until mixture is light in fluffy.
- Spread in the bottom of a pie pan, then top with 1 cup of pizza sauce.
- On top of the sauce, add remaining 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese and 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese.
- Top with your favorite pizza toppings and add a dash of Italian Seasoning for garnish.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the dip is warm and bubbly.
- Serve with toasted baguette or crackers. To toast the baguette, cut into 1 1/2 inch slices, drizzle with a bit of olive oil to coat, then bake in the oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees, flipping the bread half way to toast both sides.